WHAT IS AND HOW THE HASHTAG WORKS
Dear readers of Tecnogalaxy, today we will talk about a sign that we use every day when we use social media and not only, the Hashtag.
Have you ever wondered what the hashtag is for and how it changed communication?
The Hashtag is a typical thematic aggregator of blogs, social media and some instant messaging platforms and is used to identify and categorize a specific topic.
THE MEANING OF HASHTAG
The word hashtag consists of (hash), which indicates the hash symbol (#), and (tag), which we can translate as a label, tag, identification code or anything else that is (attached) to another to mark it specifically.
The first time it was used and a hash tag appeared was during an exchange of information between users in the (Internet Realy Chat), an instant messaging protocol.
It was decided to label conversations by topic using #hashtags.
However, the great success of the hashtag was achieved with the birth of Twitter in 2006, a social network where users have 140 characters to say their piece on any topic.
But what’s the point?
The hashtag is then used to catalog posts spread on the web thanks to virtual labels, it also helps you find in a short time the event you organize for example or the name of your business.
Let’s take an example, let’s take Facebook, if we use #yourhashtag, will end up in a specific feed and typing https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/yourhashtag you will be able to see all the conversations in which that hashtag is present.
HOW TO USE A HASHTAG CORRECTLY?
- Keep in mind the topic you want to discuss.
- Before commenting on something, (for example, an event, a television program), check if other users already use official hash tags, only this way you will be sure to get good visibility for your comment.
- Keep in mind that the recommended number of hashtags goes from one to three at most.
- It is advisable to put the tag in the context of the sentence instead of leaving it at the end.
Practical example: don’t just write #greenshirts, but write (I’m looking for some cotton #greenshirts).
HOW SHOULD THE HASHTAG NOT BE USED?
- Be careful not to use characters or symbols that make the hashtag inactive.
- Do not press the keyboard space bar because the space interrupts the hashtag so that the tag does not become active.
- In case you would like to split words, add uppercase letters #GreenShirts;
- It is forbidden to use punctuation or other symbols other than the (low hyphen), these interrupt the hashtag as with space.
- Do not enter the @ (it is used to tag the other social users you are using).
- WHAT A HONEYPOT IS AND HOW IT WORKS
- TWITTER INTRODUCES MONETIZATION OF TWEETS
- HERE IS A SECRET OF AI
- THE NEW CHATBOT ON FINANCE: BLOOMBERGGPT
- MICROSOFT LOOP COULD COMPETE WITH NOTION
Was this article helpful to you? Help this site to keep the various expenses with a donation to your liking by clicking on this link. Thank you!
Follow us also on Telegram by clicking on this link to stay updated on the latest articles and news about the site.
If you want to ask questions or talk about technology you can join our Telegram group by clicking on this link.
© Tecnogalaxy.org - It is forbidden to reproduce the content of this article.
Follow us on Telegram