HOW TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10X FOR FREE
Hello dear readers of Tecnogalaxy, today I will explain how to try Windows 10X for free by installing it on a virtual machine.
Microsoft recently finally made available a pre-release build of Windows 10X for developers to start testing and developing their programs for this more minimal and essential variant, perhaps too much, this system originally had to be programmed on Windows devices a double screen like the Surface Neo but now Microsoft has changed the objectives and right now it seems to be addressed for a future Surface with arm , to give an answer to Apple M1 and Google’s Chrome Os.
Windows 10X is available for download for Windows Insider users as an add-on package for Microsoft Emulator . It is not available as a standalone operating system, but you can only use it on a virtual machine in Microsoft Emulator as if it were running on a real machine, instead programs like VirtualBox and VMware are not compatible with Windows 10X at this time.
REQUIREMENTS FOR USING WINDOWS 10X:
- Windows Insider Preview build 10.0.19555 or later;
- Intel® CPU with at least 4 cores that you can dedicate to the emulator (or more CPUs with a total of 4 cores);
- 8 GB of RAM or more, 4 GB of RAM for the emulator;
- 15GB free disk space for vhdx + diff disk, SSD is recommended;
- Dedicated video card recommended (not required);
- DirectX 11.0 or later;
- WDDM 2.4 or later graphics driver;
In the BIOS, the following features must be supported and enabled:
- Hardware-assisted virtualization;
- Second level address translation (SLAT);
- Hardware-Based Data Execution Prevention (DEP);
- Make sure the ” Hyper-V ” function is enabled on your system;
WINDOWS 10X EMULATOR INSTALLATION:
First of all, make sure you have the latest build of Windows Insider on your PC. Right now, the latest build of Windows 10 Insider Preview is 19564.1000.
If it’s not the latest, you need to have at least Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10.0.19555 or later installed on your PC.
STARTING MICROSOFT EMULATOR:
- Open the Microsoft Emulator program after the Windows 10X Emulator image is installed on your PC from the MS Store. You should see Windows 10X listed in the Microsoft Emulator app.
- To start the Windows 10X emulator, click the Start button to run it in the Microsoft Emulator application.
If everything went well, 2 sides will appear in front of you that will correspond to Windows 10X, where you will already find applications installed and I remind you that in this it is not yet possible to install .exe files since it is still a beta, and the only one way to install other programs is to use the Microsoft store, on the whole it is also perhaps too minimal and simplified to give you an example in addition to not being able to install programs from third parties, you cannot select if you want a static ip or another example is if open the file Explorer it is too simplified in the sense you can only see 5 folders which are the classic ones and you cannot see in detail the disk c.
For the rest, it could happen that programs you open suddenly freeze but it must always be emphasized that this system is still under development and that it also has a good chance of being able to become a good system for future ARM computers, in any case the system is already fluid.
That’s all, see you in a future article.
- Apple Car: what’s going on?
- How to convert video to any format for free
- HOW TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10X FOR FREE
- DARK WEB: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
- How to make your smartphone battery last longer
Was this article helpful to you? Help this site to keep the various expenses with a donation to your liking by clicking on this link. Thank you!
Follow us also on Telegram by clicking on this link to stay updated on the latest articles and news about the site.
If you want to ask questions or talk about technology you can join our Telegram group by clicking on this link.
© Tecnogalaxy.org - It is forbidden to reproduce the content of this article.
Follow us on Telegram