How to create a malevolent twin WiFi network
In this article we will talk about Aairgeddon, a tool widely used to attack nets. This tool allows you to create a twin of the router you want to connect, causing the user to connect to the malicious twin WiFi network in order to find out the WiFi password.
What does twin mean?
A twin attack is a Wi-Fi attack that takes advantage of the fact that most computers and phones when disconnected will only see the name or ESSID of a wireless network.
Many networks will have several access points that extend the network using the same name to expand access without confusing users.
Wi-Fi networks can be set up by IT staff doing the work, users who use those networks may not be tech savvy. Now we will see how a twin attack can steal Wi-Fi passwords, disconnect devices connected to the real network and connect them to the fake network.
This attack is very effective against those who don’t know how to look for suspicious network activity.
Let’s see how to do it, using Kali Linux.
Create a malevolent twin WiFi network
- Open a shell and write the following command:
cd Desktop (in my case)
git clone https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r33/airgeddon.git
- Select the card (in my case) “3”;
- Put the card in monitor mode by selecting option 2;
- Enter the Evil Twin attack menu, choosing the option 7;
- Choose option 9;
- Always confirm all the questions Aairgeddon asks us, at the end choose option 9,
- The tool will start searching for all wireless networks in the area, to stop scanning ctrl – alt – can;
- For this test we will use network 13;
- Choose option 1;
- Confirm with N all the questions that the instrument proposes;
- Leave the default value 20 for timeout management. Now wait for the tool to take the handshake;
- When the tool has stopped, confirm all questions that Aairgeddon will propose;
- Choose the language;
- As you can see, a client has logged in. Wait for the victim to enter the password in the popup that is sent to him by the tool;
Ok, test completed successfully.
N.B.: I do not assume any responsibility for the use you make of the guide, as it is written for didactic and formative use.
- THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTER SPYING
- GTA 6: ALL THE NEWS
- WHAT BACKDOORS ARE AND HOW TO PROTECT
- HOW TO EARN MONEY PASSIVELY WITH BINANCE SAVINGS
- Apple gets hit by ransomware
Was this article helpful to you? Help this site to keep the various expenses with a donation to your liking by clicking on this link. Thank you!
Follow us also on Telegram by clicking on this link to stay updated on the latest articles and news about the site.
If you want to ask questions or talk about technology you can join our Telegram group by clicking on this link.
© Tecnogalaxy.org - It is forbidden to reproduce the content of this article.
Follow us on Telegram